Brimming with toppings, these loaded personal pizzas are best served with a knife and fork. They’ll be a hit! Thanks to Joanna Burke of Culpeper, Virginia for the recipe.
- 4 whole pita breads
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and pesto. Top each pita with onion mixture; spread pesto mixture evenly over onion layer.
- Top with the chicken, tomatoes and cheese. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Chicken Pesto Pizzas in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p27
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Hearty Chicken Pesto Pizzas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review