Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 12 fresh baby carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated linguine
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Place mustard seed and garlic on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag. Place in slow cooker. Add chicken and broth. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Discard spice bag. Remove chicken; cool slightly. Stir linguine into soup; cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until tender. Cut chicken into pieces and return to soup; heat through. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup(10)
Sort By :
This is a very good soup. I did not bother with the cheesecloth; used ground mustard and minced garlic and just dumped all seasonings in.
Finally one that tastes like Mom's!
I LOVE this recipe...thank you!
Very good recipe, although I changed several things. Skipped the spice bag and used ground mustard and pepper, and changed the cooking method by starting with just the veges and broth for a couple hours, then added cut up chicken, then an hour later the pasta (I used broken dry spaghetti). It worked perfectly fine.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Noodle Soup >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Simple Soup Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts >
- Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes >