Hearty Chicken-Filled Potato Recipe
- 1 large baking potato
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons milk
- Dash pepper
- Salsa, minced fresh cilantro, minced chives and additional sour cream, optional
- 1. Scrub and pierce potato. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Meanwhile, combine the cumin, oregano, 1/8 teaspoon salt and cayenne; rub over chicken. Place in a small baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 2. Cut chicken into small cubes; set aside. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a small bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the cheese, sour cream, milk, pepper, remaining salt and reserved chicken.
- 3. Spoon into potato shell. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with salsa, cilantro, chives and additional sour cream if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
1 each: 556 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 915mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 41g protein .
Reviews for Hearty Chicken-Filled Potato
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.