“Try one of these colorful, over-stuffed spuds with all the fixings and Southwest flavor of fajitas,” writes Janet Dingler from Cedartown, Georgia. “All that’s missing are the tortillas and the messy eating!”
Featured In: 29 Healthy Winter Skillet Meals
- 1 large baking potato
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons milk
- Dash pepper
- Salsa, minced fresh cilantro, minced chives and additional sour cream, optional
- Scrub and pierce potato. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Meanwhile, combine the cumin, oregano, 1/8 teaspoon salt and cayenne; rub over chicken. Place in a small baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Cut chicken into small cubes; set aside. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a small bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the cheese, sour cream, milk, pepper, remaining salt and reserved chicken.
- Spoon into potato shell. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with salsa, cilantro, chives and additional sour cream if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Hearty Chicken-Filled Potato in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p64
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Hearty Chicken-Filled Potato
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review