Hearty Chicken Broccoli Soup Recipe
This soup will soon become a favorite of your family. You will want to make it on every cold day.—Frankie Marie Gingrich, Palmyra, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) cut broccoli with cheese sauce, thawed and chopped
- Seasoned croutons, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in the flour, mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- 2. Stir in the lemon juice, chicken and broccoli. Heat through. Garnish with croutons if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 197 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC