Hearty Chicken Broccoli Soup Recipe
This soup will soon become a favorite of your family. You will want to make it on every cold day.Frankie Marie Gingrich, Palmyra, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) cut broccoli in cheese sauce, thawed and chopped
- Seasoned croutons, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until crisp-tender. Stir in the flour, mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in the lemon juice, chicken and broccoli. Heat through. Garnish with croutons if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Chicken Broccoli Soup in Country Woman September/October 1991, p35
Reviews for Hearty Chicken Broccoli Soup(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review