Hearty Chicken and Beans Recipe
I had a can of chili beans in my pantry and decided to add it to one of my standby chicken recipes. I hope you enjoy the new and interesting taste.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 20 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 3-1/2 to 4 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, optional
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 can (16 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups water
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Bone and skin chicken; cut into bite-size pieces. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/4 cup soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and cumin if desired; add chicken. Seal bag; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Drain chicken, discarding marinade.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Cook chicken for 6-8 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon; set aside. Saute celery in drippings for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the beans, water chestnuts and mushrooms; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Add chicken.
- 3. Combine the cornstarch, water and remaining soy sauce until smooth; stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC