"This is a family favorite for cold blustery days," writes Rebecca McCabe from Ekalaka, Montana. "It's very filling and an easy meal when served with corn bread or biscuits."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 pound red potatoes, cubed (about 2 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Add potatoes, water, celery, bouillon and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and 1/2 cup milk until smooth. Stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in remaining milk; heat through. Add cheese; cook and stir until melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheeseburger Chowder in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p42
Reviews for Hearty Cheeseburger Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review