- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small skillet, cook sausage and beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the marinara sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until heated through.
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions; stir into meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Hearty Cheese Tortellini
Sort By :
"So good and so easy! Made it yesterday for last nights dinner! Made it exactly as written, only change is I doubled it. Froze half the meat mixture just before adding the tortellini. I love these crockpot meals. Yes, this could easily be made on the stove top, but for me it was my day off and I always feel when I use the crockpot I have time off from cooking! Served it with a mixed green salad, garlic bread and bottle of wine. Perfect meal! Thank You Christine for sharing!"
"My husband does NOT usually like tortellini but loved this dish! Great meal, I will definitely keep this on hand!"
"Great an inexpensive dinner for a family. It always nice to add variety to pasta night."
"Grandkids approve this recipe! We love this recipe. Easy to make. Thanks for sharing"
"This dish is good. I also make one using tomato soup. My husband told me he don't like tomato soup, but, He had 3 bowls when I made it this way. Very good on a cold night."