Hearty Cheese Tortellini Recipe
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small skillet, cook sausage and beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the marinara sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until heated through.
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions; stir into meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Hearty Cheese Tortellini
Sort By :
This was delicious. Any pasta could be exchanged for the tortellini.. Not sure I would add the mozzarella to the slow cooker. Perhaps put it on after serving.
I have made this alot. I leave out the hamburger, and use a full pound of hot Italian sausage. My husband and the kids love it.
My family LOVED this! Very definitely a 'do again"!!
I've made this several times since I saw it in the magazine a couple years ago. This is has become one of my favorite comfort foods. Very hearty and filling, and easy to make.
I will have to double the recipe next time as it was gone too quickly.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >