Hearty Cheese Tortellini Recipe
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small skillet, cook sausage and beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the marinara sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until heated through.
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions; stir into meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Hearty Cheese Tortellini
Sort By :
"Grandkids approve this recipe! We love this recipe. Easy to make. Thanks for sharing"
"This dish is good. I also make one using tomato soup. My husband told me he don't like tomato soup, but, He had 3 bowls when I made it this way. Very good on a cold night."
"I've made this several times and my son just LOVES it!!!"
"My husband loves tortellini, and this is now this favorite tortellini dish. It has easy, inexpensive ingredients, perfect budget meal!"
"Yummy!!! Followed exactly and loved it, hubby wants to know when we can have it again while he finished off a second helping."