Hearty Cheese-Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
- 4 medium baking potatoes (2 pounds)
- 1 cup chopped leeks (white portion only)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Wrap each potato in foil. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool.
- 2. Remove foil; cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell; set shells aside. In a bowl, mash pulp until smooth.
- 3. In a skillet, saute the leeks, onion and garlic in oil. Add to mashed potatoes. Stir in the corn, cottage cheese, yogurt, salt and pepper. Spoon into potato shells.
- 4. Place on a baking sheet. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (half of a potato) equals 183 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.