Hearty Cheese Spread Recipe
- 1 Gouda cheese round in red wax covering (7 ounces), room temperature
- 1 package (2 ounces) thinly sliced smoked beef, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Apple slices or crackers
- Carefully slice through wax and cheese to within 1 in. of the bottom, forming eight pie-shaped wedges. Carefully fold wax back to expose cheese; remove cheese.
- In a bowl, beat the cheese until creamy. Add the beef, sour cream, relish and horseradish; mix well. Spoon into wax shell. Chill.
- Serve with apple slices or crackers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Hearty Cheese Spread(1)
Sort By :
The tricky part is getting the cheese out of the shell. Once that is done the cheese does not get real creamy without adding the sour cream. It is just not a soft enough cheese. I could not find smoke sliced beef so I used dried beef. The result for flavor (very unique)and presention is wonderful.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Quick Appetizers >