Hearty Cheese Potatoes Recipe
"AS THE YEARS went by, I added this American side dish to our menu. My children enjoyed the rich cheese flavor, and it enhanced the rest of the meal. I also like these potatoes because I can make them early in the day and then simply heat before serving."
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 12 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- About 4 pounds potatoes, peeled, cooked and thinly sliced (8 cups)
- 1. Melt butter in a saucepan; add flour, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Add milk all at once; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Remove from the heat. Add cheese and stir until melted. Place potatoes in a large bowl; gently stir in cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC