I've attended many cooking schools and written cookbooks, but I've found few appetizers that people enjoy as much as this. The recipe came from my cousin. - Jill Daly, Laramie, Wyoming.
Recommended: 23 Things to Make with Leftover Corned Beef
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2-1/4 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Tortilla chips
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, ketchup, sugar, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cheeses. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Serve hot with chips. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Hearty Cheese Dip in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p20
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hearty Cheese Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review