- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth. Stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low; stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Cheese and Vegetable Soup
"Very good and if you like you can add cubed leftover ham to this soup."
"An easy, go to, soup that I enjoy very much. Great flavor for the few ingredients this has."
"We love this soup. I make it quite often for my husband and I! PLUS it's so easy to make!"
"LOVE this easy to make soup!"
"Loved this recipe! Great flavor, easy to make."