- 1-1/2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth. Stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low; stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Cheese and Vegetable Soup
Sort By :
We love this soup. I make it quite often for my husband and I! PLUS it's so easy to make!
LOVE this easy to make soup!
Loved this recipe! Great flavor, easy to make.
I thought this recipe was very flavorful and easy to make. An alteration to this recipe that I suggest is to equally substitute thyme for the parsley.
This sounded like it would be good but it was outstanding. I even made it with FF milk. So much flavor. I probably added more veggies than called for but that only enhanced the flavor.