Hearty Carrot Muffins Recipe
"These moist muffins are a wonderful morning treat," relates Margriet Neels of Ancaster, Ontario. "My husband and our two daughters also love them as a snack."
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup shredded tart apple
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, syrup, egg whites and oil until smooth. Stir in apple and carrot. Combine the dry ingredients; stir into milk mixture just until moistened. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Hearty Carrot Muffins in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p7
Reviews for Hearty Carrot Muffins(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2012
I agree with previous reviewer. These muffins are very moist and tasty.
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2009
These muffins are moist and delicious. They are the best tasting healthy muffin I've tried! I didn't have wheat bran, but used wheat germ instead.