Hearty Cannellini & Sausage Soup
Is there anything better than a soup full of smoked sausage, creamy cannellini beans, and some hearty cabbage? I don't think so! — Pauline White, El Cajon, California
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 ounces beef summer or smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4-1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups coarsely chopped Chinese or napa cabbage
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir sausage over medium heat until
- lightly browned; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5-10 minutes or until cabbage is
- tender and flavors are blended. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 283 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 1,672 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 15 g protein.