Hearty Calico Bean Bake Recipe
For years, my mother made this savory-sweet bean dish. I was always thrilled when it was on the menu, and now I serve it often to my own family. You can vary the types of beans used, if you wish. —Heather Biedler Laura, Illinois
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 415 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 1,130 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Calico Bean Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC