- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 carton (18.3 ounces) ready-to-serve sweet red pepper soup
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cabbage, zucchini and mushrooms; cook and stir 8 minutes longer.
- Stir in the soup, tomatoes, pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Sprinkle each serving with 2 teaspoons cheese.
- Serve immediately or cool and freeze in a freezer container. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen soup: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a saucepan. Cover and cook over medium heat until heated through. Sprinkle each serving with 2 teaspoons cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Cabbage Soup
Sort By :
This is a delicious and easy recipe. I add more zucchini and a little fresh red pepper. The canned tomatoes with chillies is spicy enough for me so I don't use any hot pepper sauce.
Made this for my husband as he loves cabbage , he just loved it and it takes no time to put it together will be making again
My college age kids love this soup! It tastes great and sticks to the ribs! They always add a little more hot sauce to their individual bowls - but have recommended this soup to their friends! Thanks for the great recipe! (Tastes just like stuffed cabbage!)
I loved this soup. I added more cabbage and also a can of tomato soup to it. Delicous