Hearty Burritos Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Sour cream, chopped tomatoes, guacamole, additional shredded cheddar cheese and salsa, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the potatoes, beans, tomatoes, corn, salsa, rice, chili powder and salt. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese off-center on each tortilla; top with about 1 cup beef mixture. Fold sides and ends over filling.
- Wrap burritos individually in foil and freeze for up to 3 months. Or place burritos seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with the sour cream, tomatoes, guacamole, additional cheese and salsa if desired.
- To use frozen burritos: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Bake and serve as directed. Yield: 8 burritos.
Reviews for Hearty Burritos
Sort By :
I love this recipe! I've made it several times. To save time I use the potatoes o'brien which already has the onion and peppers in them. I also added a little bit of cumin and garlic. Could you include the nutrition facts on this recipe?
wow, these are so good. I didn't put the black beans in because I didn't have any, but it was great. When I made it however it made about 20 burritos rather than only 8.
My husband and I love these burritos, and I always make extra to put in the freezer. I do not use the hash browns but add extra rice instead and add a little hot sauce for extra flavor.
I've made this several times. My husband and I like to take them in our lunches.