Hearty Brunch Potatoes Recipe
"Our family of five enjoys this hearty dish with salad or green beans and crusty bread for lunch or supper," says Madonna McCollough of Harrison, Arkansas. "Leftovers are delicious reheated with eggs and toast for breakfast the next morning."
- 7 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey sausage links
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, just until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet coated with cooking spray, saute peppers, corn, onion and garlic until tender. Cut sausage into small chunks; add to vegetable mixture. Cook, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain potatoes; add to vegetable mixture. Add oil and pepper; mix well. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Brunch Potatoes in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p44
Reviews for Hearty Brunch Potatoes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Baked Turkey >
- Baking Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >