Hearty Brown Quick Bread Recipe
- 4 cups King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugars, baking soda and salt. Stir in buttermilk and eggs just until moistened. Fold in raisins and nuts.
- Pour into two 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Hearty Brown Quick Bread(2)
Sort By :
Loved how quick this was to make. I added 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg. Also used soymilk with apple cider vinegar in place of the buttermilk and eliminated the nuts. It was delicious warm with butter or toasted with peanut butter. My picky two year old loved it.
Great tasting quick bread. The only change I made was to replace the buttermilk with my homemade kefir. It turned out wonderfully! This bread freezes well. We enjoy eating this with cream cheese on it. Thank you for sharing the recipe!