“I always fix this casserole ahead when overnight guests are visiting, so I have more time to spend with them. Then, I simply add some toast or biscuits and fresh fruit for a complete meal that everyone loves. It also reheats well.” Pamela Norris - Fenton, Missouri
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with hash browns and cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Breakfast Egg Bake in Simple & Delicious November/December 2008, p48
Reviews for Hearty Breakfast Egg Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review