- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with hash browns and cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Breakfast Egg Bake
"Tasted great but I personally like my potatoes on the side and the casserole just be egg."
"Can't go wrong with this one! I make it often; it's so flexible - different meats, add peppers, mushrooms, different cheeses, green onions/chives. Next time I'm going to add some fresh, chopped broccoli. Thanks for sharing!"
"I made this for a church prayer breakfast and out of about 10 breakfast casseroles this was the first one devoured. It was fantastic!"
"Great Casserole! I have made it several times already. I use Jimmy Dean precooked Turkey Crumbles instead of the pork sausage, non fat evaported milk and low fat cheese. I also add a can green chiles for a little extra kick. I make this, cut into serving size pieces and freeze for my husband to have for breakfast. I keep a couple pieces at a time in refrigerator and he heats in microwave. Delicious!!"