Hearty Breakfast Egg Bake
“I always fix this casserole ahead when overnight guests are visiting, so I have more time to spend with them. Then, I simply add some toast or biscuits and fresh fruit for a complete meal that everyone loves. It also reheats well.” Pamela Norris - Fenton, Missouri
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until no
- longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish. Sprinkle with hash browns and cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over the top.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before
- cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 427 calories, 32 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 281 mg cholesterol, 887 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.