Hearty Breakfast Combo Recipe
"This dish is perfect for anyone who wants a taste of everything," said Casey Ace from Rock Hill, New York. "I enjoy trying to concoct my own dishes. My fiance's favorite meal is breakfast, so I created the Hearty Breakfast Combo just for him."
- 1 bacon strip, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 sausage link, sliced
- 1 small potato, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- Pepper to taste, optional
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet, cook bacon and sausage over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink. Add the potato, green pepper and onion; cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until potato is browned. Stir in mushrooms; cook 1 minute longer. Top with cheese; cover and cook until melted. Transfer to a plate; keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, add egg. Cook over medium heat just until egg white is set. Turn; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until completely set. Place egg on potato mixture; sprinkle with pepper if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving equals 403 calories, 29 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 275 mg cholesterol, 831 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC