Fishing for a burger alternative? Consider it caught. A hint of cayenne is cooled by a creamy yogurt and mayo sauce in this fish sandwich that will put your local drive-thru to shame. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices sweet onion
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder, cayenne and parsley. Coat fillets with bread crumb mixture.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill cod, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Grill buns over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, relish and minced onion; spread over bun bottoms. Top with cod, lettuce, tomato and onion; replace bun tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Breaded Fish Sandwiches in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2013, p45
Reviews for Hearty Breaded Fish Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review