- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices sweet onion
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder, cayenne and parsley. Coat fillets with bread crumb mixture.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill cod, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Grill buns over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, relish and minced onion; spread over bun bottoms. Top with cod, lettuce, tomato and onion; replace bun tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Breaded Fish Sandwiches
"Pretty good! I made it in the oven as well. I used tilapia and baked it at 350 for 20 minutes."
"I baked the fish instead of grilling ( I think it would fall apart on the grill) and it still turned out great!"
"I baked these instead of grilling but they turned out great!"
"I baked the fish instead of grill/broil because I also baked sweet potato fries along with it. Very yummy, low cal. Also used sandwich Thins instead of buns to cut down on the carbs."