Hearty Bran Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups All-Bran
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the bran, yogurt, applesauce and milk; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg substitute, molasses, oil, vanilla and bran mixture. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 3. Fill muffin cups coated with cooking spray two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 105 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Hearty Bran Muffins
"These are good. They are quite dense and not too sweet. I think they would be great split with butter on them and eaten with soup and salad rather than as a snack."