Hearty Black-Eyed Peas Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups cooked bulk pork sausage (1/2 pound uncooked)
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a skillet, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2-4 main-dish servings (4-6 side-dish servings).
1 each: 251 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 920mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Hearty Black-Eyed Peas
"These were awesome!! Great Flavor and EASY! Will definitely make again. They are definitely taste kitchen approved by me! Thanks for sharing!"
"My family doesn't care for black-eyed peas, but all the flavors together in this recipe was so good, we had no leftovers!"