Hearty Black-Eyed Peas Recipe
In Simpsonville, South Carolina, Pauletta Anderson prepares this hearty herb-seasoned combination of sausage, black-eyed peas, tomatoes and green pepper. "Even my sister, who doesn't like black-eyed peas, can't get enough of this delicious dish," she writes.
- 1-1/4 cups cooked Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll (1/2 pound uncooked)
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2-4 main-dish servings (4-6 side-dish servings).
Originally published as Hearty Black-Eyed Peas in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p37
Reviews for Hearty Black-Eyed Peas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2010
"My family doesn't care for black-eyed peas, but all the flavors together in this recipe was so good, we had no leftovers!"