- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 3 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 4 teaspoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Yield: 12-16 servings (4 quarts).
Reviews for Hearty Black-Eyed Pea Soup
Sort By :
"This another good soup that be "spiced up" depending on how hot you like it! Good for the whole family!!"
"Delicious!!!! Added diced canned jalapenos cuz my family likes spicy. And the ground sausage I used was hot."
"This was a great, easy soup my meat lovin husband even liked."
"This is a great soup and I will make it often during cold weather. I reduced the sausage to 1/2 lb. and used 5 cups of beef broth instead of the water and bouillon cubes."
"This was our January "good luck" meal. It is definitely a keeper."