Hearty Black-Eyed Pea Salad Recipe
This recipe is great any time of the year. It's easy to make and tastes so good. I often take it along on summer picnics.
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, toss peas, ham, tomatoes, onions and carrot; set aside. combine dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. pour over the salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 122 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 426 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC