Hearty Beef Veggie Soup Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups spicy hot V8 juice
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- 2. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until heated through. Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
1 cup equals 169 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 578 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Hearty Beef Veggie Soup
"This was very good. I did season a little more than it called for but the family loved it. It was also supper easy. A great pair with grilled cheese sandwiches."
"I have not tried this yet, but in reply to what coleslaw mix is--look for it near your pre-bagged salads. It is cabbage that is already chopped and just needs the dressing added for slaw. It also comes in a broccoli mix."
"This sounds delicious and I would love to try it. I have a question first; What is coleslaw mix? Thank you"
"Made it for the whole family last night. We all liked the tangy taste."
"Easy and delicious. Just made it last night and it was enjoyed by my husband as well. Had crusty bread & butter with it but imagine it spooned over cooked potatoes too. Will freeze some for another meal."