Hearty Beef Veggie Soup
Here's a slow-cooked meal-in-one just perfect for chilly winter nights. "It's nice to come home to a hearty soup that's ready to eat," writes Colleen Jubl from Dayton, Ohio. "It goes well with a fruit salad and bread."
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups spicy hot V8 juice
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until heated through. Yield:
- 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 169 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 578 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat,