Here's a slow-cooked meal-in-one just perfect for chilly winter nights. "It's nice to come home to a hearty soup that's ready to eat," writes Colleen Jubl from Dayton, Ohio. "It goes well with a fruit salad and bread."
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups spicy hot V8 juice
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until heated through. Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Originally published as Beef Vegetable Soup in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p29
Reviews for Hearty Beef Veggie Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review