Hearty Beef Veggie Soup Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups spicy hot V8 juice
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until heated through. Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Reviews for Hearty Beef Veggie Soup(6)
Sort By :
This was very good. I did season a little more than it called for but the family loved it. It was also supper easy. A great pair with grilled cheese sandwiches.
I have not tried this yet, but in reply to what coleslaw mix is--look for it near your pre-bagged salads. It is cabbage that is already chopped and just needs the dressing added for slaw. It also comes in a broccoli mix.
This sounds delicious and I would love to try it. I have a question first; What is coleslaw mix? Thank you
Made it for the whole family last night. We all liked the tangy taste.
this is probably my most often used TOH recipe. Very easy and delicious. My whole family loves it. I've also made on the stovetop when I don't plan ahead for using the slow cooker.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Ground Beef >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >