I received this wonderful recipe from a co-worker. It's awesome! It is a hit with everyone, including our two young children. And it's good for you, too. -Angela Nelson of Ruther Glen, Virginia
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown meat in oil over medium heat. Meanwhile, place the potatoes, carrots, onion and celery in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Drain meat; add to slow cooker. Combine the tomatoes, tapioca, basil, sugar, salt and pepper; pour over the top.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Beef Vegetable Stew in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p29
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Hearty Beef Vegetable Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review