Hearty Beef Vegetable Stew Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown meat in oil over medium heat. Meanwhile, place the potatoes, carrots, onion and celery in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Drain meat; add to slow cooker. Combine the tomatoes, tapioca, basil, sugar, salt and pepper; pour over the top.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Hearty Beef Vegetable Stew(3)
Sort By :
The Vegetable Beef Stew was very tasty and very good to eat. Did not last very long in my house. Will make it again.
This is the best beef stew I have ever made. The sauce is thick and the unpeeled red potatoes taste great. I did not brown the beef first, but couldn't tell that it made any difference in flavor.
This is a new favorite for my family! Will definitely make it again. It's very hearty and delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >