- In the same skillet, cook roll-ups in remaining oil over medium heat
- until browned on all sides. Add the water, bouillon, thyme and bay
- leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes
- or until meat is tender.
- Remove roll-ups and keep warm. Combine butter and reserved flour; add
- to the pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until thickened. Discard bay leaf and toothpicks. Serve beef and
- gravy with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 beef rouladen (calculated without noodles) equals 434 calories, 25 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 1,348 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.