- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen beef ravioli
- 1/2 pound extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook beef and pepper over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve with ravioli. Top with cheese and olives. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Beef Ravioli
"This was really quick and easy to put together but after making it I felt like there was something missing. I might try to add more seasonings and cheese next time. Maybe even another can of tomato sauce."
"This was quick and easy to make...however, we thought it was just OK and actually pretty bland. Even with the package of taco seasoning we couldn't taste the spices...and I used a name brand taco seasoning. Maybe the all the no-salt and low salt ingredients attributed to the blandness??? My husband actually thought it was just jar spaghetti sauce on the raviolis. I won't be making this again."
"Easy and excellent."
"Very very good!!"
"Very quick and pretty filling."