Hearty Beef Ravioli
Grab your favorite taco toppings and sprinkle them on ravioli. Let kids customize their servings, so everyone gets what they want. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (25 ounces) frozen beef ravioli
- 1/2 pound extra-lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook beef and pepper over
- medium heat 4-6 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up
- beef into crumbles. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce and taco
- seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-7
- minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Serve with ravioli. Top with cheese and olives. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 375 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 695 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.