Since this recipe fills four 13-inch x 9-inch baking dishes, it's perfect for feeding a gang. I set out small bowls of shredded cheddar cheese, diced onions and diced tomatoes so folks can add their own garnishes. -Richard Clements, San Dimas, California
- 4 pounds ground beef
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 4 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa, divided
- Canola oil
- 28 corn or flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a stock pot, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, two cans of enchilada sauce and 1 cup salsa; set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil. Dip each tortilla in hot oil for 3 seconds on each side or just until limp; drain on paper towels.
- Top each tortilla with 2/3 cup beef mixture. Roll up and place seam side down in four greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Drizzle with remaining enchilada sauce and salsa. Sprinkle with cheese and olives.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 28 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Beef Enchiladas in Taste of Home February/March 2003, p39
Reviews for Hearty Beef Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review