Hearty Beef and Noodles Recipe
“This is a longtime family favorite, and my kids always asked to bring home friends on nights we served it. Now my oldest son is in the Army and has had his wife call home for the recipe.” Here's hefty “man food” at its easy best! Sylvia Streu - Norman, Oklahoma
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup brewed coffee
- 2 envelopes brown gravy mix
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on all sides; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Return beef to the pan; stir in the soup, water, cream, coffee and gravy mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Add the sour cream, paprika and pepper to skillet; heat through. Drain noodles. Serve with beef. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup beef mixture with 1 cup noodes equals 498 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 1,168 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC