- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup brewed coffee
- 2 envelopes brown gravy mix
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil on all sides; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Return beef to the pan; stir in the soup, water, cream, coffee and gravy mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Add the sour cream, paprika and pepper to skillet; heat through. Drain noodles. Serve with beef. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Beef and Noodles
"I made this on 6/20/16. A couple of changes were made to the recipe,and the changes are as follows. Instead of the beef, I used " Boneless Country Style Ribs " cut into strips. Then when it came to add the sour cream only 1/3 cup was used. My SO said it would've been a five if I left out the sour cream. But I will make this again. :) Thanks for posting."
"Family like it"
"Very easy and very yummy!!!"
"I just made this for dinner. It had a good taste but was really thick. What did I do wrong?"
"This is good!! And it smells heavenly while simmering. I followed the recipe exact, other than tossing the beef with kosher salt and pepper. Tasty!!!"