Hearty Beef and Cheese Enchiladas Recipe
My husband loves his food extra-cheesy, so I can never put too much cheese over the top of these enchiladas! You can set out small bowls of diced onions and tomatoes so folks can add their own garnishes. —Joylyn Trickel
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:7 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup salsa, divided
- Canola oil
- 7 corn or flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, 2/3 cup enchilada sauce and 2 tablespoons salsa; set aside.
- 2. In a small skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil. Dip each tortilla in hot oil for 3 seconds on each side or just until limp; drain on paper towels.
- 3. Top each tortilla with 2/3 cup beef mixture. Roll up and place seam side down in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Drizzle with remaining enchilada sauce and salsa. Sprinkle with cheese and olives.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 7 enchiladas.
1 serving (1 each) equals 77 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC