Hearty Beef and Cheese Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup salsa, divided
- Canola oil
- 7 corn or flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, 2/3 cup enchilada sauce and 2 tablespoons salsa; set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil. Dip each tortilla in hot oil for 3 seconds on each side or just until limp; drain on paper towels.
- Top each tortilla with 2/3 cup beef mixture. Roll up and place seam side down in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Drizzle with remaining enchilada sauce and salsa. Sprinkle with cheese and olives.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 7 enchiladas.
Reviews for Hearty Beef and Cheese Enchiladas(6)
Sort By :
These enchiladas were great. My whole family loved them. I too also used refried beans instead of chili beans. I think I will use refried beans in this eery time. I will make this for sure many more times. Thanks!! :)
These enchiladas were great and we had some meat filling left over and made taco salads with it.
This was sooo good! My teenage son gave it 3 thumbs up! Very easy to put together.
My husband and I truly love this recipe. I usally freeze the leftovers for another meal and many times use refried beans in place of the chili beans. Heating the tortillas in the oil keeps them extra moist and yummy. I do this all the time with tortilla dishes now. A must try recipe!
This is a delicious recipe! I have made it many times, and it is always a big hit! I usually leave out the beans and add more cheese because my family prefers it that way.
Note: At the top of the recipe it says that this makes 28 servings-this is a mistake-this makes 6-7 enchiladas.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >