- Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray, seam side down.
- Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a warm place until almost
- doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk egg whites and water; brush over tops. Sprinkle with caraway
- seeds. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
Freeze option: Freeze baked and cooled pockets in resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, reheat pockets on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray in a preheated 350° oven 30-35 minutes or until heated through; cover loosely with foil if needed to prevent overbrowning.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed pocket equals 239 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 379 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat.