Hearty Beef & Bean Chili Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 6 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt-free Southwest chipotle seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through. Yield: 14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Hearty Beef & Bean Chili
Sort By :
This is good enough to enter in a Chili Cook-off and win! I did a few things differently: I only used 3 cans of chili beans (not enough Beano in the world for 6 cans!), doubled up on the onions, cumin and chili powder. I couldn't find Southwest chipotle seasoning blend, so I used fajita seasoning and Sazon with 1 teaspoon of achiote. I also added a shake or two of hot pepper seeds, chopped cilantro and parsley. Next time I'll try it with 4 cloves of garlic. Also, in the interest of time, I cooked it uncovered on the stovetop for 1 hour on med/low. Really a winner!
Very good! I did double the spices to kick it up a notch. A definite make again.
This was perfect for a cold day.... Excellent.......I also added a can of black beans to the dish.....