Hearty Beans with Beef
"My husband raved about this sweet bean dish after tasting it at a party, so I knew I had to get the recipe," recalls Jan Biehl, Leesburg, Indiana. "It's perfect for get-togethers because you can mix it up a day early and toss it in the slow cooker a few hours before your guests arrive."
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in
- the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Yield:
- 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 209 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 525 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein.