- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Beans with Beef
"Good flavor and easy to make!"
"Great recipe! My husband LOVED it. Just so you know, i made it as is and it was perfect for him! I felt it was a little too sweet so I'm changing my review to 4 stars."
"This is very simple, and very good. However, please note that the online recipe left out one ingredient from the Quick Cooking cookbook: 1 can (15-1/2 oz) chili beans, undrained. I used my 4-Qt slow cooker. -Lori in WI."
"My husband loves this! He raves about it to his family all the time. This is good, easy and inexpensive."