"My husband raved about this sweet bean dish after tasting it at a party, so I knew I had to get the recipe," recalls Jan Biehl, Leesburg, Indiana. "It's perfect for get-togethers because you can mix it up a day early and toss it in the slow cooker a few hours before your guests arrive."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans, undrained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Beans with Beef in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p53
Reviews for Hearty Beans with Beef
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review