Hearty Beans and Rice
Filling, fast-fixing and fabulous flavor make this hefty dish sure to become a family favorite. —BARB MUSGROVE, FORT ATKINSON, WISCONSIN
5 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1-1/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups Minute® Brown Rice
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn, water and salt. Bring to a
- boil. Stir in rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; let stand, covered, for 5
- Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 376 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 647 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.