- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1-1/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups Minute® Brown Rice
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn, water and salt. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Hearty Beans and Rice
Sort By :
"added some kick with a few drops of hot sauce and tomatoe paste. the husband ate some right out of the pan!"
"I added some garlic, onion, italian seasoning, and chicken boullion (I used ground turkey in place of beef). It would have been bland without otherwise."
"Surprisingly bland. It needs an onion (or two) and some peppers."
"Awesome recipe! I used white instant rice (because that is what I had in the cupboard) and added one beef boullion cube to water and garnished with sharp cheese. YUM! My 3 yr. old thought it was too spicy, so next time I will make it with italian seasoned tomatoes."